Valium for the Soul

Come with me on a journey through uncharted territory...

Quotes:
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde
Quotes:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Quotes:
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein
Friday, February 24, 2006
It's my favourite
Well one of them anyway. I love friday nights - its the only night I'm free to turn on the tv & watch The Chaser's War on Everything. Drive hasn't been the same on Triple J since Chris & Craig (Today Today) left. For those not of our shores - there are video links on the site - just to tease you with what you are missing.

Also for my foreign readers - click here - for a preview of our latest OS advertising campaign

"Where the bloody hell are you"

It works in the context of the ad.
posted by Blue @ 7:10 pm  
8 Comments:
  • At February 25, 2006 3:51 am, Blogger Mr Q said…

    That was a very nice ad and bloody funny at the end. Thanks for accepting, executing, marketing and making the tag such a success.

     
  • At February 25, 2006 11:53 am, Blogger lime said…

    ok, admittedly i'm a yank so 'bloody' doesn't have the same level of offensiveness over here. i am curious though, rank it for me if you would......is it as bad as the f-bomb? scatological references? i dunno. i thought it was a cute ad, funny. gave me a giggle.

     
  • At February 25, 2006 1:23 pm, Blogger Polly said…

    Thank heavens for "Chasers War". Where are all our satirists now? What is happening. We need it more than ever. Don't care about the 'bloody' I just wish those bloody chicks in the bikinis weren't in it. That is more bloody offensive I reckon.
    Oh and I hope the overseas mob don't think we are a country full of bloody ignorant people who don't know where their country(s) is.
    Bloody cheers!

     
  • At February 25, 2006 1:42 pm, Blogger Blue said…

    I was a bit dubious about the whole 'where the bloody hell are you' thing until I saw the ad. I really like it - I think it portrays the beauty of the countryside & the friendliness of the australian people - but could just be my bias :-) Bloody is not a bad word in australia - I would tell my kids off for saying it - but more because its inappropriate for them rather than because it is offensive.

     
  • At February 25, 2006 9:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i LOVE friday nights.
    even if the weekend turns out to be really shitty - at least on friday nights you feel safe in the expectation of a break! and for me - adequate sleep.

     
  • At February 26, 2006 1:06 am, Blogger lime said…

    thanks for clearing that up. like i said i though the ad was charming and like you said, showing the laid-back friendliness of aussies.

     
  • At February 27, 2006 3:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmmm, interesting.
    I like the ad.

     
  • At February 28, 2006 5:41 pm, Blogger Blue said…

    Hey Bogs,

    Like I said I don't have a prob with it - but this link will give you an idea of the stupidities of some people (this is the response to...):
    http://dailyflute.com/

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Save the NetAustralianBlogs.com.au

About Me

Home: Canberra, ACT, Australia
About Me: I'm a single mum with 2 terrors and 2 dogs. Recently moved to ACT for work. Musings on politics, life, philosophy etc. I have many aspirations, maybe I'll share them... maybe I won't :-)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER