Valium for the Soul

Come with me on a journey through uncharted territory...

Quotes:
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde
Quotes:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Quotes:
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Just another reason to love Billy
Monday night on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton, Billy Connelly had this to say about our PM:

"John Howard's only function is to let you know what Harry Potter's going to look like when he's old. I would go miles to avoid meeting him. What a boring little man."
posted by Blue @ 1:51 pm  
8 Comments:
  • At February 23, 2006 2:02 pm, Blogger Daydreamer of Oz said…

    M was telling me about that one, he thought it was classic ;)
    Mind you, I think Harry Potter has some charisma...

     
  • At February 23, 2006 2:33 pm, Blogger Blue said…

    A lot more than lil' Johnny thats for sure :-)

     
  • At February 23, 2006 2:52 pm, Blogger Stitches77 said…

    Thanks for the pic of him Blue, since I'm not too familiar with him. I can only shake my head and say, aw come on, don't insult Harry like that. :-)

     
  • At February 24, 2006 4:28 am, Blogger Karen said…

    hmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like your pm & our preznut have a lot in common; they're both idiots!

     
  • At February 24, 2006 6:47 am, Blogger Blue said…

    For those not familiar with the visage of the little man here is a link to view:

    http://www.theswanker.com/the_swanker/
    images/john_howard.gif

     
  • At February 24, 2006 10:28 am, Blogger Polly said…

    I saw it too, blue. It was a delicious moment on National TV said by a man many Asutralians love. Don't know how Andrew didn't add something to it in his inimitable way. It is always nice to hear people say what you are thinking isn't it?

     
  • At February 28, 2006 1:38 pm, Blogger CP said…

    Okay, I am not even familiar with these people, but what a fantastic insult! *LOL* Too funny. I love people that speak their minds...

    CP.

     
  • At February 28, 2006 5:43 pm, Blogger Blue said…

    CP - having read your blog I feel confident you would enjoy Billy Connelly - he is a scottish comedian. If you can, rent a dvd of his.

    I have to say the funniest thing I have ever seen is Billy & Robin Williams going head to head - diff comedy - but both very fast & funny!

    Let me know what you think.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Save the NetAustralianBlogs.com.au

About Me

Home: Canberra, ACT, Australia
About Me: I'm a single mum with 2 terrors and 2 dogs. Recently moved to ACT for work. Musings on politics, life, philosophy etc. I have many aspirations, maybe I'll share them... maybe I won't :-)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER