Valium for the Soul

Come with me on a journey through uncharted territory...

Quotes:
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde
Quotes:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Quotes:
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein
Monday, July 16, 2007
8 Random Facts About Me
Polly tagged me via Bird... I thank her for her faith that I would respond....

  1. I have 2 brothers and they both have an acquired brain injury. The first accident was my youngest brother just before his 12th birthday. He was showing off and fell 75 feet out of a tree.. and only broke his head. That was 20 years ago this year, he now lives with his girlfriend and does volunteer work at the local football club. Oh - and he still qualifies for mensa, despite being quite socially dysfunctional :-) The second was the brother below me, who was a moron (and still is IMHO) who got involved in a drunken, drug fueled brawl and was cleaned up by a drunk driver... somehow this is my fault - I haven't seen him for 12 years and am quite pleased about it.
  2. When I was 13 I played the bagpipes. There is nothing more haunting than the sound of bagpipes played well, which is why I no longer play ROFL
  3. I started reading at 18months old. My earliest memory is sitting on the toilet lid reading my dad a story while he had his shower. I was reading a massive red book. I was completely chuffed when my grandma showed me the book in later years and it was a little red (golden) book... gosh I was little
  4. My 2nd & 3rd toes on each foot are on the same knuckle.. so I only have 4 knuckles on each foot... Never caused me any problems until I spent hours each week en pointe... was a contributing factor to me NOT being a ballerina. Well, that and the size of my arse and thighs and the kindness I have for male ballet dancers in not forcing them to have to lift such acreage.
  5. I have never been overseas (not counting Kangaroo Island). I have great plans however, now that I have a 'real' job... ie one with paid holidays.
  6. I was the first girl in my group of friends to kiss a boy; and the last to lose my virginity.. nuff said
  7. My daughter was born in a bath, and the midwife was so excited she took a photo because it was her first waterbirth too.... It was the most amazing experience, and I did it ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!
  8. My nickname (blue) came about for 3 reasons: I am a redhead; I loved blues clues (with the original steve, who didn't die despite all rumours to the contrary) & I have a dirty mouth & it has been suggested that I need a ladder to get back in the gutter :-)

Aren't you glad I shared....

I don't know who to tag, cause I've been MIA for a while now - so if you are inspired (and who wouldn't be frankly) then I challenge you to take up this worthwhile meme and propagate for all eternity..

Labels: ,

posted by Blue @ 7:36 pm  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Save the NetAustralianBlogs.com.au

About Me

Home: Canberra, ACT, Australia
About Me: I'm a single mum with 2 terrors and 2 dogs. Recently moved to ACT for work. Musings on politics, life, philosophy etc. I have many aspirations, maybe I'll share them... maybe I won't :-)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER