Valium for the Soul

Come with me on a journey through uncharted territory...

Quotes:
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde
Quotes:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Quotes:
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein
Sunday, January 28, 2007
The Ship Has Landed....
Well after a somewhat eventful journey, we have arrived and are somewhat settled!

So much to tell.....

We arrived to blazing temperatures, fortunately the apartments we were staying in had a pool which was great until the second day when the sky opened and presented us with this:



Oddly enough, the kids were back in the pool at 10 the next morning. Must have been freezing with all that hail! Some of the rocks were really big - almost ping pong ball size - twas a little bizarre. Since then of course it has been quite warm.

Moving right along, we found somewhere to live & have an excellent landlord - I knew rental prices were exorbitant - the worst bit is what you get for the excessive amount of money - which is not very much. We do have a large yard, which is very much appreciated by the four footed family members, however the possums are a bit of a pain with their eerie sounds and the challenges they offer to said small dogs at 2am - dogs are now in night detention :-)

Of less fun has been the removalist saga - henceforth they shall be known as the 'R' word - to be removed from my vocabulary with much less drama than the forced [sic] removal of the 'M' word. They managed to lose some very esoteric items (shelves from my pantry, pedestal from the pedestal fan etc) as well as a box of beloved hardcover books - this is in addition to some wanton damage of furniture I have managed to move many times previously without so much as a scratch - so much for using professionals!

I haven't started work yet - very much looking forward to it though, especially as my brain is beginning to atrophy! Now I'm back on the net I shall begin playing catch up on my blog reading, so apologies for any belated commenting I may partake of.

I hope you all had a merry christmas & a fantastic new year!

Labels: ,

posted by Blue @ 4:58 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At January 29, 2007 6:28 am, Blogger Polly said…

    Welcome back to blogland,Blue. You have been sorely missed.
    'Tis a strange place indeed your new abode, however it sure welcomed you in an unique way.
    Glad you found a nice place to live. So there was no trouble with finding somewhere that accepted pets?
    Hope the kids settle into school ok and hope the people at work are great mates.

    Happy new home making.

    Thinking of you

     
  • At January 29, 2007 6:36 am, Blogger Jack K. said…

    Welcome back. I knew you would get through the move with some ease.

    We had lots of moves since I am an Army brat and a retired Army officer. The only time we had problems with items was when we pointed out the two rather fragile pieces. As you have already guessed those were the only two items that received damage. Neither one could be repaired or replaced. So much for professionals.

    Loved the pics, but not the hail. We get it here in Kansas too. It can be very damaging.

     
  • At January 30, 2007 11:06 pm, Blogger JahTeh said…

    Don't you just love the night sounds of possums? It's very hard to describe it to an American commentor.
    Glad to see you setled and in time for election year.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Save the NetAustralianBlogs.com.au

About Me

Home: Canberra, ACT, Australia
About Me: I'm a single mum with 2 terrors and 2 dogs. Recently moved to ACT for work. Musings on politics, life, philosophy etc. I have many aspirations, maybe I'll share them... maybe I won't :-)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER