Valium for the Soul

Come with me on a journey through uncharted territory...

Quotes:
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde
Quotes:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Quotes:
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Packing Sux!!!!
I've been in this house for 5 years - I was so pleased not to be doing the annual rental move. 5 years enables a lot of crap to accumulate, so when I was told that the removalists would pack everything except clothes and personal items I cheered; Until I realised that this meant that everything had to be sorted out. No throwing stuff in a box thinking I would sort it at the other end - it must be sorted before the removalists arrive - I have 2 days. Am I scared? Hell yeah.

I'm looking forward to the move being over. I'm overjoyed I won't have to pack my books again. Last time I moved I had friends help me pack the books and by the end of the night the labels included: 'more fucking books' & 'I'm never packing these fucking books again' - so some prophecies have been fulfilled.

It feels surreal to have finished work - I had a little cry when I handed my keys and security pass back - I love (most of) the people I worked with and enjoyed the work I did, but the prospect of more of the same with few challenges was not enthralling. I have new horizons and challenges before me - a new set of office politics, new hierarchies and new ways of doing things. New shops, streets, schools and (hopefully) friends. I tell the kids about the adventures we will have, hiding my fears that I will be isolated and alone. When I'm rested I don't think this will be the case, but at times when the logistics seem overwhelming and I'm tired of being both mum & dad to 2 very excited small people then the pessimism sets in.

Work gave me an iPAQ as a going away present - its a mini PDA with MP3 capability - twas the perfect present given my love of gadgets and toys, so I will have fun learning all its ins and outs and inputting information which previously resided in my diary (due to expire).

I will be without internet *gasp* probably until I start work as I won't be able to afford anything else [sob]. I suspect that I will have reams to read by the time I get back, so apologies in advance for any belated commenting.

So until I return:

Zoe, good luck with the new bubs
&Duck, I hope you are feeling better & have a great Christmas
DoZ, have a great trip
Everyone else - I hope you have a wonderful Christmas & New Year & try really hard not to miss me LOL
posted by Blue @ 7:45 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At December 18, 2006 4:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish you well in your new adventure. It won't take you long to establish yourself in your new environs. After all, you will have to show those two marvelous little ones just how it is done. btw, pay attention to how they do it. They will teaching you things too.

    I anxiously await your return to blogger space.

    Have a wonderful holiday.

     
  • At December 21, 2006 1:38 pm, Blogger Polly said…

    Dear Blue,
    I shall wait for your return and hope you ring me to catch up on your exciting new adventures when you are settled.
    At times it must be daunting, but in the long run you are setting out on a new adventure that will lead you to bigger and better things, I really believe this.

    I wish you all the very best in the settling period, and you can always check us out at an internet cafe, which Canberra has plenty of.

    IT is a strange city at first but easy to get used to as it only has a few hundred thousand people in it.

    You will become proud of it and of your beautiful babies and their ability to be so flexible a wonderful skill for the future.

    Your new job will be strange at the start but within three weeks you will have it down pat, no worries.

    I believe in you.
    I believe in your delightful children.

    It is all good.

    Take care on the roads ( as the Canberran drivers resent us from other states).

    If you have any questions our daughter would be pleased to help out ( eg. rego changes, etc)

    Love to you and yours for Chrissy and New Year.

    Cheers blue friend.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Save the NetAustralianBlogs.com.au

About Me

Home: Canberra, ACT, Australia
About Me: I'm a single mum with 2 terrors and 2 dogs. Recently moved to ACT for work. Musings on politics, life, philosophy etc. I have many aspirations, maybe I'll share them... maybe I won't :-)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER