Valium for the Soul

Come with me on a journey through uncharted territory...

Quotes:
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde
Quotes:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Quotes:
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein
Friday, April 14, 2006
UnPC for the disabled
Mother is blind, Father is deaf.

The degeneration (eyes & ears) has been gradual. More obvious for mother than father.

She talks and he points. He walks around the farm at night without torch - it drives her nuts cause she can't see where he is. So she yells at him......

But this morning while talking to her on the phone, I realised the silliness has reached new depths.

Father stores the cooking oil spray next to the PeaBeau (insect spray). Mother decides to cook.......

No flies on their food.
posted by Blue @ 11:45 am  
4 Comments:
  • At April 14, 2006 12:28 pm, Blogger Polly said…

    Better than if the mother was dumb and the father was stupid.
    I love the way you do quick little quirky posts. Gets to the point AND makes you think.

     
  • At April 14, 2006 8:33 pm, Blogger Jack K. said…

    If the storage of the insect spray is accurate, I am very concerned. There my be not flies on the food, but there may be some very sick people at the table.

    My concern comes from watching my own mother, who at 92, is coping with macular degeneration. She will not admit it, but her memory is also beginning to play tricks on her. My brother lives with her, and they are like sparks and gasoline. She claims that he never puts anything back in the same place where she knows she put it. He claims otherwise.

    I have also witnessed my mother-in-law's slip into dementia. So with these ongoing memories so fresh, I am concerned about the situation you reported about your parents. I see the humor and it is funny. I just worry that they may come to some harm, and that would be unfortunate. Thank goodness they have you to be there for them.

    Serve well! Live fully! Do good works!

     
  • At April 14, 2006 10:52 pm, Blogger lime said…

    oh lordy, i hope this is not a true story! eeeeeek!

     
  • At April 15, 2006 3:01 am, Blogger Grant said…

    That reminds me of the time when I tried to clean the stove and kitchen counter while hungover. For some reason, the stains weren't lifting but everything looked very shiny. Later I realized I didn't spray cleaner on the counter but rather hosed it all down with canola oil.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Save the NetAustralianBlogs.com.au

About Me

Home: Canberra, ACT, Australia
About Me: I'm a single mum with 2 terrors and 2 dogs. Recently moved to ACT for work. Musings on politics, life, philosophy etc. I have many aspirations, maybe I'll share them... maybe I won't :-)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER