Valium for the Soul

Come with me on a journey through uncharted territory...

Quotes:
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde
Quotes:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Quotes:
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Rundown of a drunken evening at an Irish Pub
I love watching people & judging them on such things as the level of drunken behaviour, appropriateness of dress (or lack thereof) and the general social behaviour that takes place when groups of humans congregate.

This takes me to Mick O'Shea's on St Patricks Day.

The first thing I noticed was the queue leading well down into the carpark. So being somewhat savvy, we headed into the beer garden where there are no security guards to prevent entrance.

You can tell the regulars - they are the ones wearing T-shirts reading:

Whale Oil
Beef Hooked
@ Mick O'Sheas

Then there are the girls. Many funky hats (didn't take my camera - sorry). Lots of green & shamrocks - some strategically placed for emphasis :-)

The age ranges were vast - from elderly couples sharing a (not so quiet) pint, to families (they were leaving by the time we got there) to various aged singles looking to score, to couples. Everyone was out for a good time, which always creates the best atmosphere - everyone chatting to everyone else. Good music - Dj in beer garden - live band inside.

There was the usual group of young girls having a great time till one is drunkenly sobbing to her friends 'but I love him', while her friends reassuringly share disdaining glances at each other while hugging the stricken fool.

I stood near numorous groups of guys rating the women using various scoring methods (mostly transparent) and always amusing, if occasionally offensive.

Met an inebriated person I shall call Michelle, who was sweet & funny. Hugged & danced with everyone. I questioned her about a boy who was obviously infatuated with her, she told me that at 19 she doesn't know enough about the world to fall in love, so she is just meeting people & having fun, while enjoying that he buys her drinks.......

Few middle-aged, newly separated/divorced men looking a bit lost, until they are spoken to by a person of the opposite sex - then they just look scared.

Had a drunken man swear his undying love for me - and then get offended when I didn't take him seriously, so we had an amusing (for me) discussion about beliefs of 'love at first sight' (he believes - I don't) I told him he was mistaking love for lust..... He left to pass out in his car lol

All in all a great night out. Roll on another 4 weeks till I get out again :-)

Hope you all had a great St Pat's day.

**Edit - Forgot to mention Billy who spent a lot of time shaking peoples hands and sayng 'love ya guts'

So from me to you: Love ya Guts.
posted by Blue @ 3:39 pm  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Save the NetAustralianBlogs.com.au

About Me

Home: Canberra, ACT, Australia
About Me: I'm a single mum with 2 terrors and 2 dogs. Recently moved to ACT for work. Musings on politics, life, philosophy etc. I have many aspirations, maybe I'll share them... maybe I won't :-)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER