Valium for the Soul

Come with me on a journey through uncharted territory...

Quotes:
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde
Quotes:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Quotes:
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain
Quotes:
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Miss Manners
Our esteemed [cough] leader has lamblasted the australian public and the media for its lack of manners and increasing vulgarity.

"I think we have seen a marked deterioration in good manners," Mr Howard told reporters.

In response Opposition Leader Kim Beazley said Australians should respect themselves and each other more.

``Australians like the idea of respect, we all want respect for ourselves and we all want to be respected,'' he told reporters.

``We also need to respect our community and respect each other. We need it whether we are at a sporting venue, whether in a workplace ... whether we're on the streets,'' he said.


I like this - one of the few times Kim has put his brain into gear before opening his mouth - in essence having a subtle go at the PM who has no respect for the majority of the australian population - ie those who earn less than $50k pa.

Although - reading on it doesn't appear that Kim really has any idea either (sorry, didn't mean to sound surprised lol) when he continues:

``I think we need to enjoy the fact that we live in a terrific community. We're a good, laid back, tolerant community.''

Yeah Kim - heaps of Tolerance in Cronulla & last I heard, corporate Sydney was the home of 'laid back'. Good: well he might be onto something there in a subjective sucky kinda way.

On the otherhand given Mr Howard's dislike of reality TV, maybe he should be tuning into Czech Public TV - where the producer of a new reality TV show called 'Unmasked' had this to say:

"I think people with limited intelligence watch them [reality tv shows] to fill their emptiness."

I'm sure Johnny could relate to Richard, the current favourite. Although the antics of the characters could only be described as 'vulgar'


posted by Blue @ 9:27 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe with Bloglines Save the NetAustralianBlogs.com.au

About Me

Home: Canberra, ACT, Australia
About Me: I'm a single mum with 2 terrors and 2 dogs. Recently moved to ACT for work. Musings on politics, life, philosophy etc. I have many aspirations, maybe I'll share them... maybe I won't :-)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER